I was tres busy yesterday pouring a bunch of new resin-filled bezels for the upcoming CREATE mixed-media art retreat in Irvine, California in a few short weeks. These little collages in ultra clear ICE Resin will soon be turned into earrings and necklaces and a few bracelets to show as samples at my Resin, Set, Go workshop and also on sale for vendor night. (Please excuse the bad photos. I took them right after I poured them on the white garbage bags. They look so much more lovely when the resin is cured and glass like).
While my resin class is just about full, there are still some spots left in my other classes. Whimsical Rings, where students will learn how to make their own adjustable ring bands from copper sheet metal and also cold-connection techniques of stacking up these colorful lampwork beads. I’m also really thrilled to be teaching my Mermaid Dreams necklace class for the first time. This workshop is chock full of techniques, from making your own molds from old hardware and replicating them in resin clay then adding all kinds of surface treatments and color. We’ll also be making our own textured clay beads and then wirewrapping it all together.
There are so many amazing instructors at this event that I wish I could attend CREATE with no other purpose than learning so many fabulous techniques. I am thrilled to say I did sneak in one day to myself on Saturday to take Alisa Burke’s Large Than Life Canvas class. I have a huge bare wall in my new studio and I think this workshop is going to fill the bill. I love her style and know her personally. What an incredibly talented lady.
Here’s a little something extra special. If you comment on this post, I’m doing a little giveaway. A signed copy of my book, Explore, Create, Resinate; Mixed Media Techniques Using ICE Resin along with a 1 oz ICE Resin syringe and 2 mixed metal bezels to play with. Since I’m so excited about this event, I will include one of my handmade charms as well.
This weekend is a great time to possibly learn more about some wonderful artists who are part of the CREATE California blog hop. Hopefully, you got here from Jenn Mason’s post about the event, but if you didn’t be sure to check it out first and then work your way down the list.
So go grab a cup of coffee or an iced tea and a snack and settle into your computer for the next hour. It’s going to be fun!
- Dawn Sokol: dblogala.com/
- Dea Fischer: thestarbook.ca
- Helen Shafer Garcia: agavelatte.blogspot.com
- Jacqueline Newbold: djnewbold.blogspot.com
- Jane LaFazio: janeville.blogspot.com
- Jeannie P. Moore: Jeanniemooresblog.blogspot.com
- Jen Cushman: http://jencushman.wordpress.com
- Joanne Sharpe: joannezsharpe.blogspot.com
- Jodi Ohl: sweetrepeats.blogspot.com
- Leighanna Light: Thingmakerstudio.blogspot.com
- Lisa Engelbrecht: lisaletters.blogspot.ca
- Orly Avineri: oneartistjournal.wordpress.com
- Pam Carriker: pamcarriker.com
- Robin Dudley-Howes: robindudleyhowes.blogspot.com
- Sandra Duran Wilson: sandraduranwilson.blogspot.com
- Sherrie Drummond: sherriejd.com
- Sue Pelletier: suepelletierlaughpaint.com
- Tiffany Teske: tiffanyteske.com
And Cloth Paper Scissors Editor Jenn Mason!